Monday, August 17, 2026

Mother-in-Law Jokes and Other Goofy Stuff

 




  • My three-year-old grandson has been taught to call me Gramps. Evidently, the little guy is a good judge of character. He calls me “Grump.”


  • Three years ago my friend married a gal he called “Miss Right.” Only later did he learn that her first name was “Always.”


  • The most important words for a husband to learn: “Yes, dear” and “I'm Sorry.”


  • A recent study indicates that marriage is the chief cause for divorce.


  • My wife thinks I should be royalty. She often wants to crown me.

  • She has given me a royal title that refers to my love of hamburgers: “Sirloin of Beef.”


  • A friend of mine said I was two-faced. I ask you, if I had another face, would I be wearing this one?


  • My wife told me I don't talk to her anymore. It's just that I don't want to interrupt her.


  • My mother-in-law has a photograph of me hanging on her living room wall. It's attached to a dart board.


  • Insanity is inherited. We get it from our children.


  • The army prefers married men. They are already trained to take orders.


  • Little green men hovered over Washington, D. C. in their flying saucer. They reported to their home planet that no intelligent life forms were found there.


  • I tried to make peace with my mother-in-law. She was willing to bury the hatchet-right through my skull!


  • My wife says we men are simply overgrown boys. I've had it. One more crack like that and I will kick her out of my fort.


  • I've found the secret to happiness: Quit watching the nightly news. Instead, watch old Laurel and Hardy flicks.


  • When my wife came home from shopping, she told me her car's carburetor had water in it. “How do you know?” I asked. “Because the car's in the river below our house,” she replied.


  • There is at least one good thing about having a face like mine: I never have to buy a Halloween mask.


  • Knowing that I'm interested in outer space, my mother-in-law raised money to pay for me to go to the moon. Only later did I learn that the ticket was one-way.


  • Once I had a try-out to play center field for the Yankees. Only three minor factors kept me from getting the job. I couldn't hit, throw, or run. On the other hand, I looked great in pinstripes.


  • In a fair world, Elvis would still be living, and all his imitators would be dead.


  • Women have argued that if given a chance, they could do as well in Congress as the men do. Unfortunately, this has proven to be true.


* When I tried out for the movies, the director told me I had more of a face for radio.

4 comments:

  1. Most of us have faces better suited for radio. LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some silly and funny things to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Elvis has been dead for 49 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother-in-law would send me someplace farther away than the moon. Jupiter, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete