Sunday, April 14, 2024

All About Baseball

 

If it weren't for baseball, many kids wouldn't know what a millionaire looked like.” Phyllis Diller


  • Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?” Jim Bouton


  • So I'm ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face.” Yogi Berra


  • Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.” George Will


  • Close don't count in baseball. Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades.” Frank Robinson


  • A man once told me to walk with the Lord. I'd rather walk with the bases loaded.” Ken Singleton


  • The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds.” Casey Stengel


  • I'd walk through h_ _ _ in a gasoline suit to play baseball.” Pete Rose


  • If it wasn't for baseball, I'd be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery.” Babe Ruth


  • Trying to sneak a fastball past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak a sunrise past a rooster.” Joe Adcock


  • He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious.” Yogi Berra


  • Baseball is like church. Many attend, but few understand.” Leo Durocher


  • Baseball is dull only to dull minds.” Red Barber


  • Bob Gibson is the luckiest pitcher I ever saw. He always pitches when the other team doesn't score any runs.” Tim McCarver


  • Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.” Yogi Berra


  • Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.” Ted Williams


  • Being with a woman at night never hurt no professional baseball player. It's staying up all night looking for a woman that does him in.” Casey Stengel.


  • You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end, it turns out that it was the other way around all the time.” Jim Bouton


  • The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love.” Bryant Gumbel


  • They say some of my stars drink whiskey. But I have found that the ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ballgames.” Casey Stengel


  • Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.” Yogi Berra


  • People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” Rogers Hornsby.


  • You could be a kid for as long as you want when you play baseball.” Cal Ripkin Jr.

6 comments:

  1. Baseball has always been my favorite sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid Yogi Berra was one of my heroes. Come to think of it, he still is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer would not be the same without baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baseball perfectly fits the "lazy, hazy days of summer."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would give just about anything to have dinner with a couple retired baseball players just to hear their stories.

    ReplyDelete