Monday, August 26, 2024

Things to Think About


All dogs deserve a home, but not all homes deserve a dog.


  • I'm sure wherever my dad is, he's looking down on us. He's not dead, just very condescending.” Jake Whitehall.


  • Are slugs just divorced male snails?


  • A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” Steve Martin.


  • I must be getting old. Now it takes me all day to get nothing done.


  • A sign in the restaurant's restroom said: “Employers Must Wash Hands.” I waited for twenty minutes but no employee showed up.


  • Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.” Abraham Lincoln.


  • My mouth waters whenever I smell a steak. I wonder if a vegan's mouth waters whenever he mows the lawn.


  • Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children.” Sam Levenson.

  • Shouldn't tossing and turning at night count as exercise?


  • I became a legend in the Old West, not for being a cowboy or a villain, but for being a comic. I was known as Billy the Kidder.


  • If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.” Steve Wright.


  • By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” Robert Frost.


  • Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway.” Greg Tamblyn.


  • Twenty years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have no cash, no hope, and no jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray.


  • Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.” Dennis Whiley.


  • If you're not supposed to eat at night, then why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?


  • The problem with stealing quotes off the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” George Washington.


  • Always go to other people's funerals. Otherwise, they won't come to yours.” Yogi Berra.


  • We can't even rob Peter to pay Paul anymore. Peter's also broke.


  • Free speech is only relevant if we allow people that you don't like to say things you don't like.” Elan Musk.


  • I work for myself, which is fun. Except when I call in sick, I know I'm lying.” Rita Rudner.


  • Sometimes I wonder why I'm not in an insane asylum. Then I look around and realize I already am.


  • Before you marry a person you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are.” Will Ferrell.

 

3 comments:

  1. You are certainly right that not all homes deserve dogs, or any other animals, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogi nailed it when it comes to attending funerals. LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete